What would Long-Haired Hunk week be without Blond Muddy Guy? Of all the hunks I've ever seen, this one comes closest to my idea of what a Zetithian should look like. I mean, he IS Leo! He's got the face, the body, and most especially, the HAIR!!!!Remember that scene in Warrior where Leo is unconscious and all dirty and beat up and Tisana is giving him a bath with some very stimulating results? That's another reason this picture is so hot. Just imagine how much fun it would be to wash him, getting the mud out of every little nook and cranny. Oh, yeah!
Imagination is a funny thing. Remember yesterday's post when I had no ideas whatsoever? Well, I wrote that this past Sunday, but on Tuesday morning when I was driving to my riding lesson, the whole plot for Renegade began taking shape while I was listening to my Matchbox Twenty collection. The "plot" of several of those songs inspired a plot of my own, and as I drove along, more snippets popped into my head.
I know I say things pop into my head a lot, but really, that's exactly what happens. Something triggers the thought, of course, but the scenes themselves suddenly come to life in my mind's eye. The trick is to piece them all together and then flesh them out a bit.
I'm still tweaking Hero, and it's almost to the point that I'm happy with it. That's another funny thing that happens when you're writing a book. You write and you write and sometimes it's a struggle and sometimes it just flows, but then you think: "This is total crap! It's no good at all! (Insert any other author's name)'s books are so much better than mine!" You feel rotten and know that you'll never write anything that anyone else would ever want to read.
Then, you start over; reading the whole thing through from the very beginning and you realize that it's not crap, and that someone, somewhere, might actually like it. It's sort of like standing back and taking a look at the whole picture instead of the tiny little details that you've been working on so painstakingly.
I guess it's true that sometimes we can't see the forest for the trees. If you doubt that, try writing a book sometime and you'll see what I mean.
Or better yet, just go find yourself a blond muddy hunk and hose him down and then take a good, long look. Trust me, they clean up very nicely!
0 comments:
Post a Comment