Wednesday, 30 September 2009

The first of October!

The trees at my house aren't this far along yet, but in the next two weeks my back yard will look about like this.

Looks like the trip to Kentucky to see my sisters this weekend is gonna be a cool one. It was hot as hell when we went to the races at Keeneland last year, but I just checked the weather and the high will only be 66! I'm still not sure what we'll be doing, but I'll be sure to keep my camera handy.

I like the cooler weather. For me, the best temperature is when I can wear a T-shirt and jeans and my sneakers and be comfortable. I like to make roasts and soup and things like that for supper and cook them all day and not worry that the house is getting too hot. Right now, I have no heat or air conditioning going at all. The guys are at Walmart, I'm on call, (I'm writing this on Tuesday night) and the house is very quiet. I can actually hear the cat breathing as she sleeps on the bed next to me.

It's not often I get the house to myself anymore. When Sam was in school, I had all day, but now, since he still hasn't found a job (no thanks to the Voc Rehab people who don't seem to be trying very hard) he's home most of the time. Not that I don't like having him around. He's very handy: does the laundry, cleans the litter box, feeds the cats, cleans the bathroom, takes out the trash, and just about anything else I ask him to do. The only catch is, I have to ask him a day in advance. It's the autism thing; he likes his routines and doesn't like them disrupted without plenty of advance warning. I took all the guys to French Lick a couple of years ago to see the West Baden Springs Hotel, and we went on a Sunday morning. Well, Sunday is when Sam does the laundry. If I'd warned him to do it on Saturday, he might have had a better time, but he worried about getting home to do it the whole time!

Speaking of that hotel, I've been looking back through my files and can't believe I've been there twice and don't have any pictures of it! So, here's a picture taken inside the dome that I snagged off of Google images. It's the most incredible place I've ever been. If you ever get the chance, you need to go there just to experience standing in the middle of the floor beneath the dome.

They just got home. Sam has been waiting for Monsters vs Aliens to come out on DVD for a while now. He knew exactly when it would be and has been counting down the days. He wanted me to get it after my riding lesson this morning, but after seeing the pictures of the People of Walmart and all the crazy stuff people go in there wearing, I had no desire to go shopping in my boots and breeches. It's bad enough that there's a picture or two of me in the lake on this blog.

*sigh* Those pics will probably come back to haunt me someday. In the meantime, let's all enjoy the fall while we can. Winter will be here soon enough. . . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment

JOINT NOW