Wednesday, 2 December 2009

A Christmas Card just for you!

I've been working on my Christmas cards for the past few days. I've got it down to most of it being on computer, but I'd about forgotten how to use my photo printer when I tried to print a picture of Mike and Sam to put in with them. I print plenty of things on that printer, but hardly ever print pictures anymore, which is what I got it for.

Plus, there's updating addresses, which takes some time. My own rural route address was recently changed, too, even though I didn't move, so I have to send mine out a bit early to let everyone know about that. I just got back from driving down the road to see what my neighbors new box numbers are. Some have theirs up and some don't. Fortunately, they'll get forwarded for a while yet.

This change of address has messed up quite a few people. Fed Ex had no idea where this road was--though they had a little trouble back when we had a rural route box number, too--and had to call for directions. Of course, it would help if the new road signs were up, which they aren't!

However, my trusty (and hunky) UPS guy has had no difficulty whatsoever, though he may be going by the name, rather than the address. We order lots of stuff. I introduced him to Peaches a few weeks back, and she loved him just like she loves everyone else. As a watchdog, she leaves something to be desired. Chewie used to bark whenever anyone would come up the drive, but so far, Peaches is pretty quiet.

I know a lot of people don't bother with Christmas cards anymore, but I keep doing it, and once you're on my list, you don't get off until I get my card back marked "Return to Sender." I still hear from nurses I worked with in Louisville, and many of them don't live there anymore. Some are still at the same addresses, though, and when their cards arrive, all I have to do is glance at it to see that, yep, it's the same one.

I usually send cards with horses on them, but I thought you ladies would like this one better. I've been saving him for a long, long time.

So, to all of you who have visited my blog so faithfully over the past year,

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year


from the Cat Master!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

JOINT NOW