Thursday, 17 December 2009

Not feeling quite so peachy....

I wrapped most of my Christmas gifts last night and I'm surprised how quickly I got it done. Of course, as I write this, the mess is still there in the kitchen. I'll get it cleaned up eventually, but procrastination is becoming my strong suit these days.

Good thing I checked the scheduled posts for the rest of this week, however--because there weren't any! I thought I would add a little something to today's post (whatever it was) and popped in here to do that, and, lo and behold! There were none. No Saturday and Sunday hunks or anything! It's fortunate that Sharon sent me some new hunks or I'd have to go hunting.

I've taken a few days off from writing to actually, you know, work? What a concept! Sometimes the hours spent in the ICU are less demanding than when I'm at home. We had our unit Christmas party Tuesday night, and then hit the ground running when we got to work. Our census has been down forever, but it came back with a bang on Monday. The hospital is running at capacity, which is good for the job security, but not so good when you aren't used to it.

I've been doing a bit of nursing at home, too. As some of you may know, Peaches the puppy has been sick for several days, and I took her back to the vet yesterday morning. They're going to keep her for a while, and I sure hope they can get her well. I miss her already.

You don't realize just how much (or how quickly) a pet can become a part of your life. She's only been with us since September 21st, but going to the barn yesterday afternoon without her was very strange. Her toys were scattered all over the yard, her house and her dish were empty, but Snake and Black Cat were there on the porch to greet me when I went out. Kittycat was waiting in the nectarine tree and together they all escorted me to the barn just in case I'd forgotten how to get there without Peaches to lead the way. Snake has been AWOL for the past week or so. Interesting that she'd come back just when the dog went to the hospital. Maybe she doesn't like Peaches as much as we thought, or she might have been wondering where she was. Don't you wish they could talk?

I'll check in on her today, but she'll probably be at the vet's at least until Monday.

*sigh* It's going to be a long weekend....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

JOINT NOW