
I think I've discovered the best use for a webcam. You can use it to look inside your own ear.
Think about that. Have you ever seen the inside of your ear? I haven't, and I still haven't figured out how to hook the camera up to an otoscope, but give me time.
The ear may still be a mystery, but I've already been able to get a great view of the inside of my nose. I didn't take a picture of it, though, something for which I'm sure you'll all be grateful.
I'm writing this on New Year's Eve. I got put on call, so I've been busily working, putting up all the links to the various blogs I'll be a guest on throughout the month of January as I do my best to promote Fugitive and hopefully sell enough copies so I can retire. Ha! I would probably have done less work and more partying if I'd been on duty in the ICU because at last report, they had no patients.
I'd be warmer, too. My feet are freezing. I need to microwave my little rice and herb hot pack thingy. What do you call these things, anyway? I'm sure they have a name. I don't use it on my shoulders like I'm supposed to. I heat it up and put it on the floor and then rest my feet on it. Works quite well as a bed warmer, too.

Me and the guys have already been pigging out on the shrimp cocktail and cheese and crackers and chocolate cream Oreos and now I'm looking forward to getting into my nice, warm bed and going to sleep, but it will be midnight in about two hours, and there's always a chance that I'll get called in. No point in calling it a night just yet.
But such is life.
I don't look quite as bad in this pic as I did on those first webcam shots I took. They were plumb scary! Hair was sticking up and I had on my Las Vegas pj's. This is what my computer screen sees most of the time. Me, peering at it as though it held the secrets of the universe, and, who knows, perhaps it does. . . .
I've just figured out which is the next open spot on my blog schedule, and it looks like this one will be going up on a Wednesday, which means I need a nice whopping weasel to go with it.
Decisions, decisions. . . .
How about this one?

Enjoy your Wednesday!
0 comments:
Post a Comment