Tuesday, 16 February 2010

On snow drifts and Whopping Weasels. . . .

Happy Hump Day, ladies!

There were actually some bigger whoppers in that last batch of pics that Ms Moonlight sent me, but I think we need to work up to them s-l-o-w-l-y. . .










They're humongous!!!!

Been getting a lot of writing done on Renegade, and my editor sent me the contract a few days ago. It covers the next three books in the CSC series plus two option books.

Right now, it's 4PM on Tuesday, and I've spent a good part of the day shoveling snow and pushing cars uphill. I got out and went to the grocery (didn't know this storm was coming or I'd have done it on Sunday!) and bought a lot of very heavy things. Cat food, cat litter, Puppy Chow, horse feed, bird seed and a couple of gallons of milk and orange juice in addition to all the regular stuff I was out of. Went to Walmart and the parking lot was completely clear. No trouble there, or at the other places I went, but I knew there was my driveway still to be negotiated and my neighbor's tractor is in the shop. I got almost to the house, unloaded the car, and then Sam and I pushed it up to where I could drive it into the garage.




















Not fifteen minutes later, Sam's day services provider got stuck. It took a lot more doing to get him out, and when we finally did, I told him he might as well just go home instead of taking Sam out for his trip to town because he was bound to get stuck again when he brought him home.

So I'm taking a breather right now before heading to the barn. Peaches just kills me. She bounds through the snow, and the horses trample it down without any difficulty whatsoever. They look at me slogging through the drifts like, "What the hell's the matter with you? Can't walk through a little snow????"





















I told Peaches that in my next life, I want to be a puppy like her with nice people to take care of me so I can have that much energy. I'm pretty sure I never did, even when I was a kid. I could run, but I never ran as fast as she did down the driveway in the snow. She's amazing! I'd show you pictures of her running, but they would just be a blur.




















While I was at Walmart, I went to the lawn and garden department and bought some seeds. Now, I know it will be May before I can plant them, but it still makes me feel better just to have them in my possession and know that someday, it will be warm enough to plant. If only I could be sure that Peaches won't dig them up as soon as I plant them. I just went out to take these pictures and found she had pulled the hatchet and the cat bowl down from their perch. They normally sit on top of two wooden boxes that are on top of a table on the porch. She can jump up there. I know because I've seen her do it. It's hard to believe that this is the same puppy who was so sick at Christmas. I can honestly say that she has fully recovered, but I'm not so sure about me. . . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment

JOINT NOW