Wednesday, 31 March 2010

Happy April Fool's Day!

I wish I had a good April Fool's joke to tell you, but today's blog is mostly pictures. The only exciting thing I have planned for April 1st is a dentist appointment. What fun!

As promised, here is a preview of my wardrobe for the RT Booklover's Convention later this month. The first is the red tunic I made to wear to the Elora's Cave party. We're just supposed to wear something red. It's not a sexy party dress, but with a pair of black slacks, I think it will work.



























The next is the Earth Mother costume for the Fairy Ball. I made the skirt from a pattern I bought, but wound up making the top from my trusty nightgown pattern that I copied from a favorite gown years ago. Too bad the sparkly stuff is too uncomfortable to wear to bed. It's a little short, too. I really hated putting so much time, money, and effort into making something I'll probably only wear once, but I suppose the same can be said of a prom or wedding dress. Maybe I can put wings on it and be an Earth Mother Fairy. Or a Fairy Godmother. Of course, this is presupposing that I'll ever go to RT again. It's going to be in LA next year. Not sure I'm ready for that. . . .

After finishing the costumes on Tuesday, I pretty much took Wednesday morning off and enjoyed the outdoors. I spent two hours at the barn combing, clipping, and brushing the horses, who were all so excited about the attention that they left their hay and came over demanding, "Do me now!" "No, brush me!!!" They were looking pretty ratty--and still do to a certain extent--but I got rid of a lot of excess hair and dirt, and everyone enjoyed the experience, including Peaches who has now developed a taste for horsehair. Then I went back to the house and got my camera out to take a few flower pics. The anemones have spread like crazy from where I planted them about 20 years ago,






















and the bloodroot, which you have to be watching for or you'll miss it, was in full bloom.























I may not be any good at it, but Peaches certainly knows how to take a day off. In fact, she has nothing but days off. If she could talk, she'd probably tell me I'm doing way too much and that I should forget about writing books, making clothes, grooming horses, and taking blog pictures, and just plop down in the middle of the driveway and chew on a deer bone.















Oh, to be a dog....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

JOINT NOW