The RT Convention began with the morning mixer where we were supposed to wear hats. My roomie, Caroline Fyffe, got a terrific hat, but she lives in Louisville, where Kentucky Derby hats abound at this time of year, but in my neck of the woods, great hats are impossible to find. I tried on her hat, but it didn't look anywhere near as good on me as it does on her. Fortunately, they had little "mini" hats that they gave to the hatless. You can see it a little better in this picture, but it's still pretty tiny!
We then went to a couple of workshops, after which I had my picture taken with all of the Mr. Romance contestants. I won't get that one for another week or so, but I'll post it as soon as I can. Last year's Mr. Romance, Charles Paz, was hanging around, so Caroline took this picture of us. I told him I was supposed to make him purr, and he growled in my ear very nicely!
After lunch I went to a few more workshops: one on writing erotica, one on sci-fi, and another on making the leap to writing full-time. Still not sure I can make that leap, but we'll see!
Caroline and I went to Martini's for dinner. I had a peach and elderflower martini, which was pretty tasty. I got their chicken piccata, which was quite good, but I still like mine better. ;-)
Then it was back to the room to get ready for the Ellora's Cave party. The dancing cavemen were pretty hot, but, as you might expect from the Cat Master, I got my picture taken with the best-looking one of the bunch, who is on my right in this photo. He said he'd be coming up to my room later, but so far he hasn't shown up, so I guess I'll just go to bed.
*sigh* Maybe if I'm lucky I'll have another dream about Val Kilmer. . .
And, now, back to the cowboys!
This one is just asking to have his tattoo tickled,

but there's nothing quite like a happy cowboy with a great big smile and a whopping YUMMYDOODLE!!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment