It may not be the biggest one we've ever seen on a Wednesday here at the CBEB, but he's got on underwear! In addition to that, his yummydoodle is very nicely shaped and the rest of him ain't bad either. I think I'll keep him!I spent yesterday trying to catch up on emails, bill-paying, and such, but OMG!!! my yard has turned into a jungle while I was gone! Some parts of it are very pretty, but, though Budley got a bit of the grass cut between showers on Monday night, it's still quite a shock. I had things under control when I left, but it's amazing what will happen in just a few days this time of year. These woods were just getting good and green when I left, but now, the trees are leafed out completely.
It was nice to head north and see more of the things that have already bloomed and faded here. You wouldn't think there would be that much difference between Bloomfield and Columbus, but their redbuds were still in bloom and on the way home, the black locust trees were going strong, though mine have faded a bit.
Sometimes Mother Nature gets a bit out of hand, but you have to go with the flow on these things. Normally, I plant marigolds around my composter, but I don't think it's going to happen this year. There are volunteer hollyhocks on one side and the lemon balm has taken over the other. There's a little path between the composter and the deck, but I don't think anyone will be using it because there are volunteer cosmos coming up between the paving stones and the hollyhocks are crowding in from both sides.
But there are nice surprises, too. The rhododendrons bloomed while I was gone, and Peaches is still her same crazy self.
*sigh* Some things never change. . . .
Oh, and BTW, Happy Cinco de Mayo!
0 comments:
Post a Comment