Let me delve into my archives and see if I can find some wet buns. . .
Ah, here we go.

Notice the way he's positioned in the sand? He must not want to crunch his YD into the little sharp shell bits one so often finds along the shoreline. Can't say I blame him for that; I don't like walking on them in my bare feet, and my feet aren't anywhere near as sensitive as the average dick.
Okay, now for the news. I sent the synopsis for book 8 off to my editor yesterday--well, actually, I sent it to her new assistant, whose name, interestingly enough, is Cat. I suggested a title and a tagline, but they'll probably change it, so I won't bother posting it here. You'll only have to readjust when the final decision is made.
Actually, I'm not even sure the synopsis will be approved. Somewhere along the line I was supposed to call and talk with my editor about it. But I never quite got around to it, and now they've asked for this preliminary information. I guess I'll find out whether she likes the idea or not, won't I?
Truly, it's a wonder I managed to get it done as quickly as I did. They wanted a short synopsis, so I wrote a long one, then saved the original and started cutting the copy. I didn't exactly cut it to the bone, but I did go from two pages to less than one. We had a contest on Casablanca once where you had to make your pitch in 50 words or less. This was about 475 or so. Not quite the elevator pitch, but it's getting there.
I'm rambling. I wrote this Sunday night at about 9PM and I'd been writing guest blogs and judging a couple of entries in the Indiana Golden Opportunity contest since about 9AM. One was a mess, and the other was nearly perfect. It's amazing the difference you see in the entries. I'm also coordinating the Romantic Suspense category this year, and fortunately, there were only 15 entries, which made my job much easier. I certainly don't envy those managing the larger categories because it took me about three hours last weekend to get the forms filled out correctly and email them to the judges. Some of them I've had to send more than once, too. I'm doubly grateful that I didn't have 20 or 30 entries like some of the other categories, because this landed at about the same time I had to finish Virgin and start writing guest blogs for Hero.
That's right, ladies! Hero will be in bookstores in less than a month! Can you believe it? It certainly crept up on me. I fiddle-farted around and now it's really too late to schedule a booksigning, unless I do it later in August, and I'm going to the lake that last week as it is. I sure hope the WiFi works down at the dock like it's supposed to, or I'll have to go hunting for someplace else that does because I have two guest blogs going up that week.
Marie Force said she did 30 guest blogs for her last book. I'm doing fourteen for Hero, (I've written four so far) and I cannot imagine what it would be like to do thirty. I think my brain would just shut down completely. I'll be posting links to the guest blogs here, and I'm counting on you ladies to keep me company if it gets lonely on those other blogs. I think blog traffic is lighter in the summer anyway, but I guess we'll see.
I just realized something else. I'll be heading to Orlando for the RWA Nationals in a little over two weeks! Something else that has crept up on me while I wasn't looking. OMG! I am so not ready. . . .
0 comments:
Post a Comment