
Thought I'd give you ladies a little update on the erotic short story anthology idea. We've decided to call ourselves the SEXtet. Cute, huh? Our first theme was menage and we had a critique meeting last Saturday. It was so nice to sit around and talk writing with other writer friends. We had food and fun, and Mellanie Szereto made these fabulous truffles. . . .
But I digress. We talked for six hours, critiquing each other's stories. There was one part of mine that I thought I should change, but nobody seemed to want to change a word of it, which made me feel very good, especially since I was still in the midst of the revisions to Virgin.
In fact, I was so brain dead from all of that revising that I didn't remember the idea I'd had for our next theme, which is bondage. On the way home, I remembered what I'd come up while driving home from the September INRWA meeting. I think it came to me on that same stretch of highway. Funny how places and smells and such will trigger ideas and memories. Anyway, I emailed it to our loop, and one of the SEXtet responded with: "That is SO Cheryl Brooks." :D
Since I know you're just dying to hear what my idea was, I'll run it past you and get your feedback.
This is the story of a younger man who enlists the aid of his slightly older neighbor, a nurse, to help him with hair removal in a very interesting spot. He's allergic to depilatories, doesn't think he could stand waxing, and figures the only way is for someone else to use tweezers and restraints. Then he discovers how much he enjoys being tied down. The title is A Delicate Procedure.
So, there it is, ladies. What are your thoughts?
0 comments:
Post a Comment