Wednesday, 29 December 2010

Thursday Thoughts

As I write this post, my new robot vacuum, whom I've dubbed Klog, (a name you may remember from Fugitive), is vacuuming my room. That little bugger goes places I haven't cleaned in a long, long time, bringing out lost receipts and those little rings from the tops of milk jugs that the cats like to play with for a while and then you never see again. Anyway, promptly at 9 am, as programmed, Klog beeped and started cleaning. Too bad he's not completely autonomous. You have to empty him frequently, and though having him around is sort of like having a maid, he's also a bit like a dog or a small child because you have to Klog-proof your house. He tried to eat the Christmas tree skirt, a very small wire to the PS3 (it can handle most larger wires), and knocked over Budley's portable desk that leans against the wall when not in use.

Right now, he's visiting Mikey, who is still asleep. I'm hoping that someday he can get the floor clean enough that I won't have to empty the dustbin so often, but I'm not sure we'll ever get to that point with a woodstove and three cats, not to mention the cedar chips from Peaches' house that she scatters all over the porch and are subsequently tracked into the house. If she would just leave the cushy little dog mats inside her house instead of dragging them all over the yard, we wouldn't have that problem. But that's Peaches for you.

So, right now, we're in that lull between Christmas and New Year's. I'm off New Year's Eve this year, but I'll probably spend that evening the way I always do, writing, editing, and blogging. The only difference will be that instead of checking to see that my blog posted correctly at midnight, I'll be watching the ball drop in Times Square. Then I'll check on my blog and go to bed.

Okay. I guess I'd better post a nice, naked hunk now, or you'll get depressed that the only thing I have to blog about is a vacuum cleaner.



























Ah, the glamorous and exciting life of a romance writer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

JOINT NOW