Wednesday, 15 December 2010

Thursday Thoughts


Like just about everyone else, I'm still trying to get stuff ready for Christmas. I haven't done anywhere near enough shopping, and I haven't even started on my Christmas cards.

We're going to visit friends and family on Saturday, which is the toughest part because to see everyone, we can't stay anyplace for very long. Just about the time you get into a good discussion, it's time to move on.

We started doing this after we moved away from Louisville twenty-one years ago. At first, we spent Christmas Eve in Louisville, once even getting a hotel room. Then things changed. The nieces and nephews grew up and moved away and getting together on Christmas Eve became unfeasible.

I must say, I do like being home on Christmas. This year, I'm planning to fix roast beef and Yorkshire pudding on Christmas Eve, and then Christmas night, I'll be at work. The best part, though, is that Mikey comes home from Purdue today. Now maybe I'll be able to pump him for gift ideas. I haven't bought a thing for him so far, though he's not too hard to please. A couple of pairs of flannel sleep pants, and he's happy.

*sigh* And now, we only have nine shopping days left until Christmas. Time to break out the Christmas hunks, don't you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

JOINT NOW