Wednesday, 22 December 2010

Thursday Thoughts

I'm writing this on Tuesday night, my last night off before going back to work on Wednesday. I've been off for a week, and today I finally reached a point of non-panic over everything that needs to be done. The Christmas presents are all wrapped, the cards have been mailed, and I've even filled the stockings already. Remember when I cleaned house the day after putting up my Christmas tree? Well, I did it again. I vacuumed and mopped the floor. I don't even want to think about how long ago it was that I did that twice in one month.

Since it was supposed to ice up again last night (it didn't), I canceled my riding lesson and planned to spend the day at home. I made pumpkin bread and Chicken Piccata, (if you want the recipes, they're listed under Labels on the sidebar) both at Mikey's request. Actually, he asked for the pumpkin bread when he was home for Thanksgiving, but I didn't have time to make it. The house smells fabulous and dinner was delicious. The floor is clean. I'm working on two stories at once and though there was a momentary lull, I got going again eventually.

I think what I'm trying to say here is that some of the best vacations are spent at home. I'm sure I'd go stir crazy eventually, but it sure is nice not having to go anywhere, whether it's snowing or not. There truly is no place like home, especially when there's a hunk like that snoozing in the barn. Guess I'd better go wake him up before he gets too cold. . . .

Only TWO more shopping days until CHRISTMAS!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

JOINT NOW