Wednesday, 2 March 2011

Thursday Thoughts

Just finished the critique of Elizabeth Raine's erotic novella. Great story and virtually no mistakes--unlike the stuff I send to her to critique. I bow down to her greatness as the Comma Queen!

I came up with an idea for the Toy Story themed novella yesterday while I was working on the Occupational Hazards story. Funny how these things will just pop into your head when you least expect them. There was nothing for it but to cut those two sentences and copy and paste them into a new file. Voila! A new novella is born!

One thing I've noticed is that I seem to have a thing for guys with dark, curly hair. The Toy Story hero fits that description, as does my Entanglements man, and the guy in My Christmas novella will be similar. The only difference is that my Christmas novella guy is actually based on a real person.

I spotted him on a cold, wet night in Nashville, TN last February when Terri, Suzie, Angela, and I were walking up and down Broadway looking for a bar that was playing good music and didn't have a line outside. One of the bars had a big window that looked out onto the street, and the band was set up right there where you could see them. The window was at street level and the drummer was sitting with his back about a foot from it. I had a couple of margaritas in me and was feeling a bit silly, and, I gotta tell ya, the drummer looked totally hot from the back. Thick, dark curls. A black T-shirt that displayed some nicely muscled arms with incredible veins. (Yeah, that's the nurse in me talking there!) He looked fabulous enough from the back, but since I practically had my nose pressed up against the glass, he eventually realized that I was breathing down his neck and turned around. He looked slightly foreign, with a Greek or Italian sort of nose, full lips and... well, you get the idea. He was gorgeous, and without even making eye contact, I just waved at him and went off down the street. That was at little over a year ago, and his image has remained with me ever since. And now, he will be the inspiration for the love interest in a very hot Christmas present to all of the Sextet's readers come November.

Speaking of inspiration, one of our blog lurkers sent me some pics of a Brazilian hunk by the name of Eduardo. Take a look and see what you think of him!




















Are you feeling inspired?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

JOINT NOW