Sunday, 10 April 2011

Monday Moons!

Don't you just love a pair of nice, wet buns???

I finished my contribution to the Sextet's toy story anthology on Friday night and started writing CSC #9, Loner, after the INRWA meeting on Saturday. I'm, already up to two thousand words. Whoo hoo! Only 88,000 to go. . .

Sam and I went to Walmart on Sunday to buy him some shirts for his new job, which he starts on Wednesday. He has to wear a red or black shirt with a collar, and, as luck would have it, there was no such thing hanging in his closet. He wasn't crazy about the idea, but I made him drive the truck, so I have now ridden with him! I should've had him be my chauffeur before this, since I go a lot more places and take different routes than he and Budley had gone. He's not quite ready to go it alone in town, but driving to his job should be easy. Navigating Walmart's parking lot was a bit of a challenge, though I did think of a way to make it simpler for him. Unfortunately, I didn't think of it until we were halfway home. Figures. . .

He's going to drive me to the bank today, which is close to where he'll be working. We'll also go buy some parts for the lawn tractor. I asked Budley to change the oil yesterday, which he did, but we didn't have any new oil filters. So, he put the old filter back on and then we tried to start it, but the battery was dead. I used to plan these things a little better, but with all the writing I've been doing, I tend to forget stuff like that.

But at least I haven't burned up anything on the stove lately.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

JOINT NOW