Wednesday, 13 April 2011

Thursday Thoughts

Looks like he's thinking about something very nice, doesn't it?

Me, I'm working T,W,TH this week, so all I'm thinking about is getting through it. Tonight's the last night, though, then I'm off until next Tuesday.

I've been working on Loner, and it's such a change from the Sextet stories, which move at a much faster pace and get to the fun stuff without all the buildup. Loner isn't going to have much in the way of love scenes until later in the book, and I'm still not sure how it will all play out. That's the scary thing about starting a full-length novel. You might get halfway through it and realize it's going nowhere, whereas a novella is easier to scrap.

Not that I've ever scrapped a story once I've started it. I keep fiddling and fixing until it works, and sometimes I don't really get it until well past the first few chapters. Then I have to go back and fix the earlier stuff to fit what happens later. It's putting the cart before the horse, I realize, but sometimes, that's just the way it works out.

Sort of like this fellow. He's all ready to ride, but guess what? No horse!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

JOINT NOW