Sunday, 1 May 2011

Monday Moons!

As you may have noticed from the comments on yesterday's post, the Sextet's first anthology release has been postponed until June 3rd, which is, interestingly enough, the date of Virgin's Launch Party on the Casablanca Authors blog.

But do I dare advertise the release of the Sharing on the same venue as Virgin?

I probably shouldn't, but the temptation to use what momentum Virgin has to boost the launch of the Sextet is strong, particularly when the way they coincide is sort of, well... opportune. However, to be on the safe side, maybe I'll just post it here and on my website. Nothing quite like an ethical dilemma to keep you awake nights, is there?

Moving right along. . . A while back, I began an interesting writing exercise. I'm taking a manuscript written in first person from the female point of view and converting it to third person. I'm a few chapters into it, and now that the hero has been introduced, I'm converting a scene to third person from his point of view. It involves retaining the dialog, but turning the female thoughts into actions or things that are visible to the hero, and adding the hero's thoughts and motivations to his actions.

If it sounds difficult, that's because it is, especially when you're doing it in the middle of the night while your patients are snoozing, you're trying to keep an eye on the heart monitors and answer the phone, the people around you are discussing completely unrelated topics, a thunderstorm is causing intermittent power outages, and you'd really rather be at home asleep in your own bed--or going bareback riding with today's hunk.

But such is the life of a part-time writer with a full-time job. . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment

JOINT NOW