Let's see now. . . . We started our day at Junior's for breakfast and then went to the first workshop, which would've been better if the fellow scheduled to present it had actually been there. He had an associate read his speech, and the boy talked so fast, we had a hard time following him. He was better once he started answering questions at the end.
The next session I attended was media training, which, basically, taught us how to be interviewed without getting screwed. Very valuable information!
Then it was on to the awards luncheon and Sherrilyn Kenyon gave the speech. OMG. Has she had a rough life! There wasn't a dry eye in the place by the end. Truly amazing!
After lunch, I went back to the room, redid my makeup, changed clothes, and ran down to talk to my agent before I had to be at the booksigning. I signed a whole bunch of books and met a lot of very nice ladies who liked the idea of a hero who could purr. That's fellow Sextet member, Ginger O'Brien leaning over my table.
After the signing, I met the Sextet in the bar where I rested until it was time to go to the Sourcebooks dinner at 6:15. We rode in limos to the Omai restaurant which served Vietnamese food, and Willy got his first ride in a limo! Needless to say, everyone got a kick out of him.
The food was very good, and they were constantly bringing out more little dishes to try. By the time they started bringing out the entrees, (there were several), I was almost stuffed full. An excellent curried shrimp was one of the last dishes they brought and was about the best thing I'd eaten all evening.
They gave us stars and hearts to put on our name pins and we each got a fancy little ring. I couldn't even fit mine on my little finger, but Willy thought it made a great cock ring.
Willy spent most of the evening in my pocket, but I brought him out for a quick pic now and then.
I sat with my buddies Sharon Lathan and Amelia Grey and we caught up on what's been going on with each other since last year--which was tough to do because we had to shout at each other to be heard over the din. We were a noisy bunch!
That's my editor, Deb Werksman on the left, and our publicist, Danielle Jackson on the right.
The limos picked us up at 10 and as we were leaving the restaurant, I met Sean, the Sourcebooks salesman. He told me that Slave was the first romance he'd ever read, and he liked it! He's also the one who gave that one word sales pitch for Rogue ("Meow!") to the Barnes and Noble buyer. I had to hug him for that!
It's now 11:19 and I'm going to wrap it up and take a shower and go to bed. We're all meeting for breakfast at Junior's is at 7:15. It'll be interesting to see if I get there on time.
Oh, and don't forget! Today is DIVA DONNA'S BIRTHDAY!!!!! Happy Birthday, Donna!!!

Today is also the release day for Dirty Dancing! I think my contribution to this anthology, The Boys in the Band, is my favorite of all the Sextet stories I've written so far. It was TONS of fun to write!

Good night, New York! Sleep tight!
0 comments:
Post a Comment