Monday, 27 June 2011

Day one in New York!

Greetings from The Big Apple! Our flight was uneventful and we arrived on time. Elizabeth gets really chatty when she's nervous, and the conversation definitely increased during the takeoff and the landing. We had a fun ride from the airport. Our driver, whose name none of us can remember, that is, if we ever asked him, was very entertaining. The conference is at the The Marriott Marquis and it really is on Times Square. Believe it or not, this is the view from our window!





















We checked in and dropped off our luggage in our rooms and went down to the Atrium Lounge where we had drinks with the Siren publisher and some of the other Siren authors. Willy got his first taste of a Raspberry Margarita. I had a plain margarita--the only one of the group not drinking the pink stuff! Excellent drink, BTW, but pricy, I was glad I wasn't buying!





















We went to dinner at Sophia's. Our driver had recommended it and it also had the virtue of being right across the street from the hotel. Our waiter was Leo. I called dibs on him as soon as we walked in the door, but the guy who filled our water glasses was pretty cute, too. Good ol' Elizabeth told him we always harass our waiters and needed a picture. Unfortunately, he had pulled his shoulder-length hair back into a ponytail before we got around to taking the picture, but he was still cool, and even had an Italian accent! Left to right, that's Niki Hayes, me, Mellanie Szereto, Leo, and Elizabeth Raines.





















After dinner we walked down Broadway for several blocks, then crossed the street and came back. Along the way I got a T-shirt for Sam.





















We saw some mounted policemen.





















And Willy checked out a souvenir shop. By seven-thirty, we were all beat, so we went back to our rooms and unpacked. And blogged.





















And took another picture out of our window. Then I crashed. New York has worn me out!





















Then we found this hunk on our balcony.



























Nah... We don't actually have a balcony.

Bummer....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

JOINT NOW