Wednesday, 22 June 2011

Thursday Thoughts

About all I can think about right now is the upcoming RWA conference in New York. I'm starting a list of stuff to take with me that is growing longer by the minute. I just hope I can fit it all into my suitcase! Budley tells me to take nothing with me that I can't afford to lose. Apparently he has a very dim view of law and order in the Big Apple, and he's still worried about bedbugs. I'm just worried about being able to sleep. This is my list so far: Computer, thumb drive, camera, antibiotics, neti pot & salt packets, cough syrup, cough drops, pillows, bookmarks, bedbug spray, white noise machine.

Can you tell my sinuses are still bugging me? I tried rolling up my bolster pillow just now, and I can make it the size of a small throw pillow. I'm sure with more pressure and a belt or two I can make it even smaller. I'm never going anywhere without it again. I was in a king size bed with nine pillows in Cincinnati, and I still didn't sleep worth a darn. Which reminds me, must add Tylenol PM to the list. I'll have to remember to get some.

Sam and I are driving to Indianapolis today for a doctor's appointment. Sam wants to drive at least part of the way, but no way am I letting him drive on the loop around Indy. It scares me to drive it myself! He's gone to work twice now without anyone in the car with him, and he's done okay. It's great that he's becoming more independent, but it's still scary. We went to the dentist a couple of weeks ago and he told them he wants braces. Fortunately, there's an orthodontist nearby, but it's still going to be expensive. I told Sam we'd go talk to her sometime after the conference. He has an open bite from sucking his thumb as a child. It's better than it was, but his front teeth still don't meet when he bites down. He's never seemed to have any trouble eating, but I think this is part of his effort to be more "normal." He's got his weight down and he looks pretty cute. Maybe he'll find a girlfriend someday. Actually, I believe that's his goal. Me, I just want to make it through June. I've promised Kes, Jadzia, and Peaches each a bath in July. Which reminds me. Must add shampoo and soap to my list.

I just saw on Facebook that Kendra is getting her toenails painted a sparkly gold for NY. Not sure I'm up for that yet. I did the nail polish thing at RT last year and it about drove me nuts trying to keep them looking decent. I guess I'm just not a nail polish kind of girl.

I did buy a shirt with sequins on it for the Rita Awards so I could look sparkly when I'm cheering for Kendra to win the paranormal category. I hope it brings her luck!

I just went looking for a sleeping hunk to add to this post, thinking maybe he would help me sleep better in NY, and the only good "sleeping hunk" picture I found was this one,



















which Google images had pulled off of MY blog! Guess I'm becoming a hunk source now. *wicked grin* There are worse things to be known for.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

JOINT NOW