Saturday, 10 September 2011

9/11 Remembrance Day

When I visited the site of the World Trade Center in NYC this summer, I was surprised to see construction going on there. I had thought the plan was to leave the site as a memorial.

At the time, I wasn't sure how I felt about that. Yes, they are building a memorial on the site, but to rebuild there where so many people died struck me as odd. Almost like building a new airport on a historic battlefield.

However, after seeing this artist's rendition of what the new WTC will look like, I feel much better about the idea. It needs to be built as a symbol of our recovery and a testament to the American spirit.

My heart still goes out to all those who lost their lives and their loved ones in that attack, but, thankfully, life goes on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

JOINT NOW