Monday, 14 November 2011

Tasty Tuesday Pasta with Italian Sausage and Sweet Peppers!


Here's another recipe I found on Allrecipes.com. I modified it a bit, adding more vegetables than the original version. I happened to have a few green tomatoes on hand, so I added one, but it would be just as good without it.

Pasta with Italian Sausage and Sweet Peppers


















Ingredients

1 pound bulk Italian sausage
2 bell peppers, chopped (using red and yellow peppers adds a bit more color)
1 medium green tomato, chopped (optional)
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup beef broth
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
8 oz pasta of choice (I used rotini)

Directions

  1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions.
  2. Brown the sausage in a large skillet with onions, garlic, tomato, mushrooms, and peppers until the onions are transparent  and sausage is done.
  3. Add the black pepper and beef broth and bring to a boil.
  4. Add cooked, drained pasta to skillet and mix well.
  5. Season to taste with salt and pepper if needed. 
  6. Serve to the hungry hunk of your choice!    
This fellow appears to have worked up an appetite.
Guess I'd better feed him....





0 comments:

Post a Comment

JOINT NOW