Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Whopping Weasel Wednesday!

I'm in the process of giving Wildcat another read-through before I send the revised version back to my agent. It's a very slow, nerve-racking process. You revise and revise and create discrepancies, find them, correct them. Write new scenes that mess up scenes that happen later on. Find those and fix them. Read though the new parts a million times. Then you start at the beginning and read through it thinking "THIS IS TOTAL CRAP!" and wondering at what point readers are going to throw the book against the wall.

But then I read it again in a totally different frame of mind and I realize it's not crap. I laugh and cry in all the right places, and when my Zetithian boys bring on the heat, I can almost feel it. The sense of relief is astonishing.

Then I send it to my editor and have to do it all over again once I get her request for revisions. By the time a book hits the shelves, I've probably read it at least 50 times.

*sigh* Is it any wonder I need Wednesday's weasels to get me over the hump?
Enjoy your Wednesday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

JOINT NOW