I hope everyone had a nice Easter. I, as usual, had to work the night before, but that doesn't stop me from sticking a turkey in the oven before I go to bed. Then when I get up, it's ready to eat--well, sort of. . . it's never quite that simple, but you get the idea.In other news, remember that $1000 copy of Outcast
that was available on Amazon? Well, it's not there anymore. I'm hoping it was simply pulled from the site, but it's also possible that someone actually paid that ridiculous sum for it. PLEASE tell me that none of you ladies bought it! Are you out there? If you are, then please tell me why anyone would pay that much for a $7 book in this economy????But enough about that. Meet Jonas, our first exotic hunk of the week. He's got several things going for him, so you need more than one picture to appreciate all of his, um, assets. Terrific eyes, and he's got a very nice bulge thing going on there, too, doesn't he? Mmm,
yeah. . . .Moving right along, the proof is in the pudding, as they say, but here is yet another example of my brain coming through for me if I just leave it alone for a while. I've been trying in vain to come up with a way to continue The Cat Star Chronicles, if needed, and finally just quit thinking about it.

Then, on my way to work Friday night--which is a 45 min drive, btw--it came to me in a flash: The Perfect Solution. Pulling together a variety of seemingly unrelated tidbits, I now have a source of infinite possibilities for continuing the story.
This may or may not be a good thing. I've often complained about series that go on forever, but at least this one won't go on and on without ever reaching the happy ending. In this scenario, there can be many happily ever afters that won't leave you hanging by your fingernails until the next one comes out, only to disappoint you once again by not reaching a satisfying conclusion. Some of those never-ending types truly never end because the author eventually dies, leaving the tale unfinished. I think any author who writes that kind of saga should write the last one, put it in a safe deposit box to be opened upon their death, and then be published posthumously. It's the humane thing to do. . . .
Speaking of problems with one's brain, I'm a guest on Sia McKaye's Over Coffee blog today. Come on over!
0 comments:
Post a Comment