Say hello to Lucas. Not every picture of him did it for me, but this one, well, is that a dreamy-eyed hunk o
r what?Apparently, the "Terra" site where I found these guys originates in Brazil because I found Jonas (yesterday's hunk) on a site called "Made in Brazil" which would seem to indicate the source. I've always had this yen to go to Rio; now we know why. . .
Speaking of rare finds, I found a little surprise on the way home from work Sunday morning. When I first moved to this region twenty years ago, I discovered a spring passion for morel mushrooms that knows no boundaries. EVERYONE around here seems to love mushrooms--enough to go traipsing through the woods in spite of irate landowners and the occasional snake to find them.
This spring, we've had a LOT of rain, and it seems to have had an effect on the supply of those little treasures. Where one year I might find one or two along my driveway, on Easter Sunday, I found about twenty of them growing up through the gravel. Having a long driveway through the woods is sometimes a bit of a headache, but right now, it's a truly wonderful thing. I didn't even have to venture into the woods to find them.
I fried some up yesterday, and OMG, are they good! Just split them in half, toss them in a little flour and fry until lightly browned in olive oil, sprinkle on a little salt, and enjoy!
PS: it's raining again. . . You know what that means. . . . ;-)
0 comments:
Post a Comment