Wednesday, 21 October 2009

The icing on the cake of my day....

On Monday, I just had to get out of the house, so I took the recycling to our local center. It had been piling up for quite some time, and I had a lot of it. I arrived there only to find that everyone else had decided to recycle, too, so I had to park a good distance from the door. I walked back and forth between other vehicles hauling in my stuff and was already feeling a bit irritated when, as I was dumping some old rejection letters into the bin, (yes, it was time to get rid of them!) a lady said to me, "Is that your silver car parked out there?"

Having confirmed this, she then went on to tell me that someone had just backed into it. I looked out, and, yes, there was a truck near my car, but I didn't see any damage to the rear end, so I finished what I was doing and went out. The truck had already driven off, and the rear end was fine, but there was a rather large dent in the rear door on the driver's side. According to the witness, the driver of the truck got out, surveyed the damage, and then got back in the truck and drove off.

So, I called my insurance agent, the local police, and my husband (in that order) and waited for the police officer to arrive. A man who works at the center heard the lady telling me about it, but didn't witness it, and I didn't get a license number. The surveillance camera was pointing in the opposite direction and was not running. To top it all off, there's a $500 deductible on that particular insurance policy.

The police officer was nice, but not cute, and had that shaved head look that I can't stand. I even searched Google images in vain trying to find just one handsome policeman, and none of the few I found did anything for me.

There is truly no justice in this world. . . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment

JOINT NOW