Monday, 7 December 2009

Tasty Tuesday Fudge Surprise!

This is the fudge recipe I mentioned in last Tuesday's comments. As you can see, the quantities are large enough for gift giving, so if you're only making it for yourself, you might want to cut it down a bit.

Or you could share it with Benji! He looks sort of hungry to me. I think I would enjoy cooking for him.

No, wait. . . I like to cook no matter who eats it. Feeding Benji would just be icing on the cake. . . or the fudge.


Fudge Surprise

4 lb powdered sugar
1 cup cocoa
3 cups chopped pecans
1 lb pasteurized process cheese cut into pieces (Velveeta)
2 cups butter cut up into pieces
1 tbsp vanilla

Sift sugar and cocoa into a large bowl, stir in pecans. Melt cheese in double boiler, stir frequently and add butter until melted. Add vanilla. Add cheese mixture to sugar and mix well. Press into 10 1/2 X 15 1/2 jelly roll pan. Cover and chill until firm. Cut into 1 inch squares. Store in air tight container in cool place. Makes 12 1/2 dozen pieces.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

JOINT NOW