Whew! What a weekend! After shopping all day Saturday, I spent the evening catching up on emails and cleaning up that mess in the kitchen that I blogged about on Wickedly Romantic. Budley gave me a hand, but it was still challenge.Sunday I worked on cleaning off the kitchen counter. I have a huge kitchen with all kinds of counter space, but you know how it is, that space is like a magnet for things you don't know what else to do with. Some of the things I threw away had to have been twenty years old. You know the kind of thing I mean: owner's manuals for appliances that no longer exist, recipe clippings that may have looked good at one time, but now I'm wondering, WTF???
Of course, back in the days when my diet was less of a concern and I made bread and pies and cookies and cobblers and jam all the time, I collected lots of recipes. I could probably pitch everything but a select few cookbooks and never miss them. Most of them are just there to collect dust and help the others stand up!
I get most of my new recipes from the internet nowadays, and I print them up and put them in a binder (which is almost full) but there are a good many of them that I've never actually used. I keep collecting them, though, and I did find the one for fudge made with Velveeta, which I will post tomorrow.
This is totally off the subject, but the Cat Master must be getting gutsier. When I asked Lance, the manager at Borders, what I needed to do besides show up for the signing in January, his response was: Self Promote. He even suggested that I contact a reporter from the local newspaper about an interview.
Now, we've been through all of this and you know how hard it is for me, but as I write this blog, I have just sent that email. I probably sounded really stupid, because I wasn't sure which reporter to send it to, and neither was Lance. I even looked at the website to discover the correct person, and though I came away unenlightened, I did get an email address, so at least I don't have to sound stupid on the phone. Fingers crossed that I sent it to the right guy.
Too bad it isn't today's hunk. Now, that would be an interview worth blogging about! Pinch him, Ana. We need to know if those buns are real.
0 comments:
Post a Comment