Where do I begin? This whole day has been a blur, and as I write this, it's not over yet! There is still the Dorchester Ball tonight. We went to a street party for breakfast and then on to the book signing. For once in my life, I got to go into the event ahead of the crowd. I found my seat and my books only to discover that I was sitting next to one of the few, and cutest, male writers there, Graham Brown. He was very nice too. When he asked me what my books were about, I told him to read the prologue to Fugitive, after which he said he needed a cold shower!
Here I am at my table waiting for the Book Fair to begin.
After Caroline and I took a few pics of each other,
I hunted down Kate Douglas and we took pictures of each other, too.
During the three hour fair, I met a lot of wonderful readers, sold ten books and signed a lot of books that people brought into the event, plus those freebies picked up in the goody room, along with bunches of bookmarks.
After the signing, we went to a Support our Soldiers program and then on to the Mr. Romance competition, which was a ton of fun and very well-staged. Caroline, being a Dorchester author, got her character portrayed by one of the contestants, who ultimately went on to win the Mr. Romance 2010 title. Is that cool or what?
Jamie Ungaro, Mr. Romance 2010!
Caroline had another surprise Dorchester signing to go to, so I had dinner alone at the food court. I had a Reuben sandwich and some mozzarella cheese sticks, and when the man who took my order and served it up asked me how it tasted, I told him quite honestly that it was the best thing I'd eaten since I'd been there. It was fabulous!!!
I went back to my room to blog after that, and then it was time to get ready for the ball.
After the ball....
Well, I did manage to get ready in time, and Caroline, who hadn't wanted to dance at all before, was ready to boogie! So, the Cat Master actually got out on the dance floor. My feet are now absolutely killing me, and I have a feeling I won't be able to walk without a limp tomorrow!
I did my best to get the kind of picture you wanted, Donna, but Charles had Caroline take another picture of us together, which was probably better than this one because he had me put my hand on his chest. Whoo Hoo!!! It'll probably show up on Facebook eventually. We both had minor camera difficulties, so I spent a fair amount of time in his arms. LOL! What a sweetie!
This was Mark, a former Mr. Romance, who was the MC of most of the events and a very funny and very adorable man!
And last, but not least, the 2010 Mr. Romance, Jamie Ungaro. Isn't he just the cutest thing you've ever seen? The Cat Master was looking rather faded by this time, but he's still glowing!
Tomorrow there are a few events to attend, but Caroline is leaving in the morning, I'm thinking about relaxing a bit and spending some quality time in my room with my computer. It's been quite a week!
In addition to the RT events, we've seen some great cowboys this week.
Some with chaps,

And some without.

But though it's been fun,

Cowboy Week is all done,

and now it must come to an end!

Enjoy your Sunday!
I'm blogging on Wickedly Romantic today. Kiss his buns goodbye and come on over!
0 comments:
Post a Comment