Wednesday, 27 October 2010

Thursday Thoughts

There's something about inserting a page break and writing the words: Chapter Ten (or two or twenty) that are somehow intimidating to a writer. At least they are to me. I just sent Chapter Nine of Stud to Sandy James for her to critique. I think it's a good chapter, but we'll see what she thinks of it. Now I have to write the next one. A new chapter can be scary, or it can be exciting. I just left Tarq and Lucy on the brink of something... interesting. Which means that the next chapter will be a hot one.

I have to be in the right mood to write a sexual encounter, and I'm feeling pretty good today, but there is that blank page staring back at me, daring me to begin.

It's funny, too, how things will pop up at just the right moment. I just received an email from a family member that had this written at the bottom:

Life is a rush into the unknown. You can duck down and hope nothing hits you, or you can stand tall, show it your teeth and say "Dish it up, Baby, and don't skimp on the jalapeños."

Now, as someone who is particularly fond of jalapeños, there are times when I feel this way, but there are just as many when I don't. I've always been one to fly under the radar, and seldom put myself up for any sort of target practice. That's not to say that I can't be outspoken when the need arises. Just ask anyone who's ever been to a staff meeting with me. If there's an unasked question in everyone's mind, I will be the one to blurt it out.

Speaking of blurting, I guess I'd better start that new chapter now. After all, I need to write at least fifteen more of them.

Too bad I need to make a run to the bank.

Nah! I'll go tomorrow. Must write!



























Come on, Derrick. Inspire me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

JOINT NOW