Wednesday, 7 October 2009

Signs of Autumn

The trip to Kentucky took place on some absolutely beautiful fall days. The trees haven't really turned yet, but there are pumpkins everywhere. I even passed a U-pick pumpkin patch near Bloomfield, Ky.

Very pretty town, Bloomfield. I should have stopped and taken more pictures there, but I'd have never gotten home in time for my hair appointment--not to mention the fact that Sam called me when I was about ten miles from home wondering where I was.

This is the courthouse in Salem, Indiana. I've always thought it was pretty cool, but I've never tried to photograph it before--and certainly not through the windshield of my car! I did pretty well for having been moving at the time. Wish I hadn't chopped off the top of the spire, though. It comes to a point and makes me think of that other Salem that is so famous for its witches. Very Halloweeny, don't you think?





















On the drive down, I was looking for pumpkins to photograph, but I'd finally given up and put my camera away when I passed this place. I got this pic on the way home.

I just love pumpkins! Especially the way they smell when you bake them, and pumpkin pie is one of those scents that can cause men to have erections. Did you know that? I forget where I read it, and have since heard that it's the cinnamon that is responsible, but the idea of pumpkin pie making men horny is quite fascinating. Not perfume, not the smell of shampoo, but cinnamon. Guess we should sprinkle a little on from time to time and see if it works. Anyone care to try it?





















I kept looking for pretty trees, but the prettiest tree I saw wasn't on the way home, nor had it begun to change color. It was a tree in Shakertown that was one of the most perfect trees I'd ever seen. They look so nice when allowed to grow naturally and not be pruned within an inch of their lives or crowded together.




















Something about this tree just made me feel good, so I took its picture. See if it does the same for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

JOINT NOW